Sir Roger Moore reveals secrets of life as James Bond ahead of Norwich visit
He's a movie legend whose appearance in Norwich later this week is sure to leave audiences shaken and very possibly stirred when he shares his life story live on stage.
An Evening With Sir Roger Moore at Norwich Theatre Royal on Friday – coincidentally the day that new Bond film Skyfall goes on general release across the country – will see the veteran actor tell some extraordinary stories and anecdotes about his time in the role of the world's most famous secret agent.
This week is Bond Week: join us on our mission to uncover the county's links to everyone's favourite spy and accompany us in a 1965 DB5 for a taste of the James Bond high-life...
Sir Roger's appearance in Norwich this week will see him talking about his time on top-rated TV shows such as The Saint and The Persuaders through to his time in Hollywood as James Bond.
His role saw him appearing in a host of iconic films inspired by the classic novels by Ian Fleming – whose Norfolk links we will be investigating on Wednesday – starting with the Haitian-based Live and Let Die in 1973 through to A View To A Kill in 1985.
Quizzing Sir Roger on stage on October 26 will be Gareth Owen, who has written two books about the actor and has interviewed him previously on stage at a number of high-profile events at the Barbican and South Bank Centre in London.
The visit will link in with the release of Sir Roger's new book, Bond on Bond, which Gareth helped him write after working with him on his autobiography, My Word is My Bond.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 7 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
Sir Roger predicts the evening will be a perfect night out for all 007 fans and a chance to learn more about the secrets revealed in his latest book. 'It covers everything you could ever want to know on Bond from my recipe for the perfect martini as well as where to buy the perfect wardrobe and who my favourite Bond girl is,' he said.
For more from Sir Roger see today's Eastern Daily Press.
An Evening With Roger Moore will be held at Norwich Theatre Royal on Friday. Tickets cost from �6.50 to �25 with discounts for Friends of the Theatre. For tickets, call the box office on 01603 630000 or visit theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk