Singing sensation Olivia set to perform at north Norfolk church that holds a special place in her heart
It is somewhere with a special place in her heart - and on Saturday singer songwriter Olivia Watson will be back performing at Little Barningham Church.
The church, near Aylsham, recently provided the setting for a video featuring the talented teenager who is currently working on her debut single.
Olivia will be performing the Eva Cassidy version of Somewhere over the Rainbow - the song she first sang solo in public as an 11-old-pupil at Aldborough Primary School.
It has been a memorable year for Olivia who this week sang with G4 in their sell-out concert at Norwich Cathedral.
She was gigging throughout summer and supported Beyond the Barricade in front of an audience of 2,500 at a picnic concert at Taverham Hall in July.
You may also want to watch:
A former Alysham High School student, Olivia is currently studying at the Access to Music college in Norwich.
Mum Mary said: 'This should be a special occasion for Olivia. She performed at the church two years ago and ran out in the middle as she was overwhelmed with emotion. We are hoping she will have gained a bit more experience this time around.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 6 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 9 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 10 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
'She has now begun work with her record label and her debut single is in the pipeline. Olivia is hoping it will be one she has co-written with me.'
The concert, which starts 7pm, is raising money for church repairs.