Singing sensation Olivia set to perform at north Norfolk church that holds a special place in her heart
It is somewhere with a special place in her heart - and on Saturday singer songwriter Olivia Watson will be back performing at Little Barningham Church.
The church, near Aylsham, recently provided the setting for a video featuring the talented teenager who is currently working on her debut single.
Olivia will be performing the Eva Cassidy version of Somewhere over the Rainbow - the song she first sang solo in public as an 11-old-pupil at Aldborough Primary School.
It has been a memorable year for Olivia who this week sang with G4 in their sell-out concert at Norwich Cathedral.
She was gigging throughout summer and supported Beyond the Barricade in front of an audience of 2,500 at a picnic concert at Taverham Hall in July.
You may also want to watch:
A former Alysham High School student, Olivia is currently studying at the Access to Music college in Norwich.
Mum Mary said: 'This should be a special occasion for Olivia. She performed at the church two years ago and ran out in the middle as she was overwhelmed with emotion. We are hoping she will have gained a bit more experience this time around.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
'She has now begun work with her record label and her debut single is in the pipeline. Olivia is hoping it will be one she has co-written with me.'
The concert, which starts 7pm, is raising money for church repairs.