Singers wow judges in Thetford heats of Norfolk competition
- Credit: Archant
A town has shown it has some serious vocal talent after a singing competition wowed judges.
The Thetford heat of Sing Your Heart Out Norfolk took place at the Charles Burrell Centre on Friday night, with ten singers entertaining the crowds.
With a £2,000 prize, recording sessions and a live show up for grabs, the competition was stiff for three places in the semi-finals.
Many of the singers, aged from 12 and upwards, performed material they had written.
And after a tense wait, the judges decided they could not pick just three, putting four through to the next round.
Elly Bishop, Charlie Jeffries, Rianne Collins and Kelly Stretton will all be competing for a place in the final.
The competition's heats have taken place at 11 locations around the county, with hundreds taking part.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
Gary Winter, co-director of All Season Productions, said the organisers had been amazed by the standard of performers.
'We've been stunned by the calibre of the singers, it's been far above what we expected.
'In Thetford we had a particularly strong set of singer-songwriters, and it was right up there with the other heats,' he said.
The final will take place on May 23 at The Space, Norwich.