Simply Red confirm Thetford Forest live concert for 2016
- Credit: Archant
Simply Red have been announced as the first act to confirm they will be performing as part of Thetford Forest's line up of concerts for 2016.
The British R'n'B veterans will perform at High Lodge, near Brandon, on July 3, with tickets going on sale this Friday.
The band, led by singer Mick Hucknall, produced a string of hits during the 80s and 90s, including Money's Too Tight to Mention, Holding Back the Years, If You Don't Know Me By Now, and Fairground.
They recently released their latest album, Big Love, as they enter their fourth decade.
Mick Hucknall said: 'Having had a great time as part of Forest Live back in 2010, we are delighted to be returning in 2016 and hope you can join us in celebrating over 30 years in the music business.'
Tickets are priced at £47.50 (plus £5.25 booking fee) and go on sale at 9am on Friday, October 23, from the Forestry Commission box office. Call 03000 680400, or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 5 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 6 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 7 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 8 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 9 NCFC LIVE: Missed chance for City against 10-man Newcastle
- 10 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk