Show inspired by children’s party games takes place at Norwich Arts Centre tomorrow
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A show inspired by childhood party games is taking place at Norwich Arts Centre tomorrow night and the audience is being invited to join with the fun.
Simon says, musical chairs and an array of other traditional games are part of the line-up in the show Party Games Party! which is being premiered at the St Benedicts Street venue.
The interactive show has been created by performance duo Realplayer - Mat Hand and Sarah Thom - who before forming Realplayer performed with the Gob Squad collective during the 2009 Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
In a hall filled with bunting and balloons, the Party Games Party! games master will invite the audience to join in with lots of different games that include some old favourites along with some new inventions. Video replays of the action on large screens, and fanfares, applause and prizes presented on a victory podium are also incorporated in the party spectacle.
Sarah Thom said the show was in part inspired by the community celebrations that took place when the Olympic torch passed through Norwich last year.
She said: 'The torch passing gave us all a purpose but mainly people just wanted chat and to cheer, to be together. In a street full of bunting surrounded by strangers, all my cynicism evaporated. Strangers were chatted to me, we were sharing a common experience.
'Party Games Party! is directly inspired by this experience, we hope to create an evening where the audience get to experience an evening not alone but as a community.'
- 1 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 2 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 5 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 6 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 7 £1,000 reward offered to anyone who can help bring home missing dog
- 8 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
Party Games Party! is a co-production by Norwich Arts Centre, Appetite Stoke, One Shot Berlin and Arts Council England.
• Party Games Party! is at Norwich Arts Centre tomorrow at 7.45pm.
Tickets cost £10 (£8 for concessions). For more information and to book visit www.norwichartscentre.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 660352.
• Do you have a story about an arts event in Norwich? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org