Show goes on at Cromer Pier box office
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Pier is stuck in a temporary timewarp - with the banner at the entrance still advertising the Christmas show, due to the aftermath of the storm damage.
Manager Rebecca Wass (pictured) said: 'At present we are not allowed to remove the main Christmas Show banner from the front of the pier entrance until such time as the contractors make sure that there has been no damage to the roof area.
'So we would ask patrons to bear with us and promise just as soon as we can we will be replacing the sign with new ones promoting this year's shows.'
She stressed that although the pier was still looking a bit battered from the storms, it was business as usual when it came to taking bookings for the 2014 shows, including the main Seaside Special season which opens on June 20.
An all-new cast is being put together for this years shows details of which will be announced in the coming weeks.
Reflecting on the storm and its impact on the Christmas show, she added: 'Last December and the Christmas Show will be an unforgettable one, not just because we had such an excellent cast and crew that produced our best ever Christmas show, but because the people of Norfolk came together to support us after what could have been nearly the end of The Last End of the Pier Show.'
The box office which was badly damaged has also been replaced by a temporary one in the Pier Pavilion bar.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
It is open Monday to Saturday from 9.30am–2.30pm. The telephone number remains the same - 01263 512495.