Sheringham school stages family fun day to raise funds for equipment
- Credit: Archant
Festival fever hits Sheringham Woodfields School next Friday, when staff and students will be staging an annual event promising music, dancing and fun for all the family.
Now in its fifth year, the W-Festival was the idea of a group of staff members who wanted to run a community event, at the same time as raising cash towards a new, £38,000 sensory room.
The event has grown year on year, expanding to include more performers, activities for youngsters, a licensed bar and a fish and chip van.
This year's line-up features Norfolk covers band Catch 22, Cromer singer songwriter Jack Daniel, staff and student bands, and north Norfolk community music band Playing for Cake.
Other attractions will include a refreshment area selling homemade cakes, a bouncy castle, children's craft tents and games and a fancy dress competition with prizes for the best dressed festival-goer.
W-Festival runs from 4pm onwards on June 24 at Sheringham Woodfields School, Holt Road. Tickets, priced £5 (£3 children) are available on the gate, or by phoning the school reception on 01263 820520.
Proceeds from the festival will go towards play and educational equipment for Woodfields, which caters for up to 90 children with complex needs.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school