Shakespeare, Austen and a favourite fairy tale for theatre-goers
The battle of the sexes will be in full swing when open-air theatre specialists Chapterhouse Theatre Company bring The Taming of the Shrew, one of Shakespeare's best-loved comedies, to the grounds of Blickling Hall, near Aylsham.
Shakespeare, Jane Austen and Snow White will charm open-air theatre-goers this month and next, courtesy of the Chapterhouse Theatre Company.
The battle of the sexes will be in full swing when The Taming of the Shrew, one of Shakespeare's best-loved comedies, comes to the grounds of Blickling Hall, near Aylsham.
Feisty Katherina meets her match in Petruchio, who slowly manages to woo the shrew with a somewhat unconventional courtship. Merriment will meet the magic of true love under beautiful summer skies - all involved hope.
The performance takes place on Sunday August 21 at 7pm and the grounds will be open from 6pm for picnics. Bring your own rugs or low-backed seating. Refreshments will be available. Tickets cost �12 for adults, students and children �8, families (two adults and two children) �35. For more information ring the Blickling Estate 0844 800 4308 or See Tickets 0871 2200260 www.seetickets.com
ITV children's star Katy Allen will be appearing as Snow White at Holkham Park, Wells-next-the-Sea on August 31 at 6.15pm
Katy is best known for playing trouble-causing rival Ethel Hallow in the children's television series, The Worst Witch.
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Driver banned for being fraction over limit
She will take the lead role of Louisa, a young 1940's evacuee, who along with her close friends creates a brand-new performance of Snow White.
Bring your own rugs or low-backed seating and come prepared for all weathers. The opportunity to have a picnic before the performance will be available once the courtyard gates open at 5.30pm. Adults �11.50, children �8, family (two adults and two children) �35 , Under 2's free.
Chapterhouse will be back at Holkham with Jane Austen's tale of two sisters, Sense and Sensibility, on September 10 at 6pm.
Elinor and Marianne Dashwood make their first forays into the excitingly decadent world of 18th-century high society. Follow the sisters as they fall in love, make mistakes and experience heartbreak for the first time in their quest to find a balance between sense and sensibility. Tickets cost �11.50 adults, under 16s, �8, family �35. Courtyard opens at 5.15pm.
Holkham ticket office 01328 713111.