Selecter back for Gig in the Park
RICHARD BALLS Legends of punk, ska and soul will play at this year's Gig in the Park in Halesworth. The Buzzcocks, The Hamsters and Geno Washington are also set to appear over the weekend in August.
Legends of punk, ska and soul will play at this year's Gig in the Park in Halesworth.
Organisers of the three-day event in August have confirmed that ska band The Selecter will top the Friday-night line-up after performing at last year's festival in Halesworth Town Park. The group, which scored several hits in the early 1980s, was so keen to play again at the event that they will interrupt a European tour to fit in the gig. It will mean flying to Stockholm straight afterwards for a festival the next evening.
Manchester punk veterans The Buzzcocks, whose string of hits include Ever Fallen in Love and Harmony in My Head, will headline the Saturday night show. They will be supported by The Hamsters, rated by Radio 2 presenter Bob Harris as one of the best live acts in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Veteran soul legend Geno Washington will be the main attraction on Sunday night, and will be joined on the bill by folk performer Mike Chapman and Mark Flanagan, best known as the guitarist in Jools Holland's Big Band.
As well as the headline acts, there will be a full programme of local bands across two stages on all days, from Friday August 5 to Sunday August 7.
- 1 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 2 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 3 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 4 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 9 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available
Full details of advance ticket sales will be announced soon, but anyone wanting festival information can log on at www.giginthepark.co.uk