Second Cromer pier summer show is tribute to former creator Bob Marlowe
- Credit: Archant
Another wave of summer show fun rolls into Cromer Pier this weekend with the launch of the Seaside Special's second show.
Strictly Seaside aims to capture all that is great about the seaside and its variety entertainment - along with Latin and waltz dance for fans of Strictly Come Dancing.
The Strictly show, which will alternate with the opening Variety Dotcom version throughout the summer season, is dedicated to Robert Marlowe, the former creator and choreographer who died last November aged 83.
Programme notes pay tribute to a man who energy and enthusiasm added lavish sets, costumes and tight choreography which provided 'an amazing template' that had evolved into the modern show.
'This tribute to Bob will be full of all the glitz and glamour and impeccable dance routines he was famous for,' it adds.
This year's Seaside Special features comedy magician Dain Cordean, comedienne and singer Jo Little, impressionists Danny Posthill and singer David Jon O'Neill along with a five-strong team of dancers (Helen Gulston, Susannah Owen, Billie Leigh-Roberts, Michael McWilliam and Shane Seal), and youngster from Cromer's Marlene School of Dance.
It runs until September 28, with a combination of the two shows from September 10 onwards. For more information and tickets call 01263 512495 or visit the revamped website www.cromer-pier.com.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000