Search is on in Norwich to find canine star for Legally Blonde The Musical
- Credit: Legally Blonde The Musical
Could your pampered pooch be destined for fame? The hunt is on for a canine star to take centre stage in Legally Blonde The Musical in Norwich.
Producers of the smash-hit Broadway show are searching for a four-legged star to join the cast at the Theatre Royal in March.
Eastenders' Rita Simons, Eurovision's Lucie Jones and Coronation Street's Bill Ward lead the all singing, all dancing romantic comedy.
Based on the 2001 film starring Reese Witherspoon, the production follows college Sweetheart Elle Woods, played by Lucie Jones.
When her boyfriend dumps her for someone more serious, Elle puts down the credit card, hits the books and heads for Harvard Law School.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the humans, the show stars two dogs - a Chihuahua called Bruiser and another called Rufus.
Bruiser is already cast and on the road but producers have decided to hold auditions for Rufus in every town and city on the tour.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Do you recognise this man?
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
Associate director, David Barrett, said: 'Legally Blonde The Musical is a show all about stereotypes and not judging a book by its cover and the dogs are no different in this.
'So whereas Bruiser is the cute, tiny, adorable one, with Rufus we are looking for the total opposite. We are looking for a big, brutish, dog that only its mother could love - preferably a Bull Dog as in the film, but we are certainly open to options.'
He added: 'For Rufus it is essential that the dog we choose has the right temperament and personality. Cute and fluffy dogs would not be suitable, but they should still be relaxed, good with people and enjoy being fussed over.
'It is important to note that both dogs in the show are very well cared for and their owner is present at all times.'
The doggy auditions will be held at Castle Mall shopping centre on Monday, February 5 between 12pm and 3pm.
Interested dog owners can download an application form from news.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk/the-hunt-is-on-for-a-canine-starCompleted forms should be emailed to email@example.com by 10am on Monday, January 29.
Legally Blonde The Musical is at Norwich Theatre Royal from March 26-31. Ticket prices start from £8.