Crazy golf and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A new pop-up crazy golf and cocktail bar is swinging into Norwich and will open just in time for Christmas.
Leon Dawdry, Leigh Taylor and Rory Daines are all in their thirties but have been friends since their school days at Taverham High and have now decided to join forces to launch Savage Golf.
The new indoor crazy golf will open in the former home of Giraffe in Chapelfield Plain, next to Wagamama, which shut its doors in July this year along with 27 other sites across the UK.
The nine-hole course will be spread over two floors and it will be darkly lit with neon lights and is aimed at the adult market.
Savage Golf will be at the venue from Thursday, November 28 to Saturday, December 21 as a pop-up and the directors are hoping it will be popular with Christmas parties.
The trio all come from different backgrounds, with Mr Dawdry working as a qualified accountant, Mr Daines owns an environmental management company and Mr Taylor is a chef for Norwich City players, who they are hoping will pop in for a visit.
Mr Dawdry, from Hellesdon, said: "People don't want to go out and just have a drink anymore and they want to do an activity so we are tapping into this market.
"We have been looking at ideas for ages to start a business together and Rory suggested it as he went to university in Manchester and there were places popping up that did cocktails and crazy golf which were very popular.
- 1 New camera installed to catch drivers at speeding hotspot in Norwich
- 2 River Wensum stops flowing through mill for first time in a century
- 3 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 4 Mystery continues as owner of 'massive' snake yet to come forward
- 5 Four-bed home with swimming pool and Mediterranean garden on sale for £595k
- 6 Restaurant boss frustrated at summer no-shows 'strangling the industry'
- 7 Road closure announced for huge vintage market with 60 stalls
- 8 £26m seafront leisure centre opens doors for first time today
- 9 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 10 Hundreds turn out to see Lionesses star Lauren Hemp given freedom of town
"Savage Golf is a pop-up for now to see how it works and with Leigh's experience we have created cocktails such as our Sex in the Bunker and Singapore Swing.
"We decided on the location as there is plenty of footfall at Chapelfield and the people we have told so far are really excited as it is something different and there is nothing like it in Norwich."
Savage Golf will be open from Tuesday to Sunday from 2pm to 11pm with under-18s allowed in, with adult supervision, from 2pm to 5pm (excluding Saturdays).
You can book tickets at savagegolf.co.uk