Sam Claflin joins cast of Peaky Blinders
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Sam Claflin has been announced as one of the new stars of the Bafta award-winning drama series Peaky Blinders.
The 32-year-old, who grew up in Norwich, is one of a number of new cast members for the fifth series of Steven Knight's acclaimed crime family saga.
The Hunger Games and Me Before You Star said he 'couldn't feel more privileged to be invited to join this iconic show' and described the BBC show as a 'consistently brilliant production'.
Claflin was born in Ipswich and attended Costessey High School in Norwich. He studied Performing Arts at Norwich City College and worked at Sainsbury's and GAP while studying.
Other new names announced for Peaky Blinders include Anya Taylor-Joy and Brian Gleeson.
You may also want to watch:
Series five, which is currently being filmed, finds the world thrown into turmoil by the financial crash of 1929. Opportunity and misfortune are everywhere.
When Tommy Shelby MP is approached by a charismatic politician with a bold vision for Britain, he realises that his response will affect not just his family's future but that of the entire nation.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears