Sam Claflin joins cast of Peaky Blinders
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Sam Claflin has been announced as one of the new stars of the Bafta award-winning drama series Peaky Blinders.
The 32-year-old, who grew up in Norwich, is one of a number of new cast members for the fifth series of Steven Knight's acclaimed crime family saga.
The Hunger Games and Me Before You Star said he 'couldn't feel more privileged to be invited to join this iconic show' and described the BBC show as a 'consistently brilliant production'.
Claflin was born in Ipswich and attended Costessey High School in Norwich. He studied Performing Arts at Norwich City College and worked at Sainsbury's and GAP while studying.
Other new names announced for Peaky Blinders include Anya Taylor-Joy and Brian Gleeson.
You may also want to watch:
Series five, which is currently being filmed, finds the world thrown into turmoil by the financial crash of 1929. Opportunity and misfortune are everywhere.
When Tommy Shelby MP is approached by a charismatic politician with a bold vision for Britain, he realises that his response will affect not just his family's future but that of the entire nation.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 8 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 9 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?