Salthouse sculpture walk this Saturday
Mary HamiltonWalkers and art enthusiasts are invited to talk a guided tour of a scenic Norfolk sculpture trail this Saturday.Mary Hamilton
Walkers and art enthusiasts are invited to talk a guided tour of a scenic Norfolk sculpture trail this weekend.
The Salthouse Sculpture Trail is a 10-mile, way-marked path with a range of permanent, temporary and biodegradable pieces on display in the scenic North Norfolk landscape.
Walkers can choose a short path of one mile or the three-mile Salthouse circle, or sections of the full path, which leads inland to encourage visitors to experience a part of the landscape that is often bypassed by coastal walkers.
The trail is in its second year after a successful launch in 2008 by the North Norfolk Exhibition Project, to tie in with the prestigious annual art exhibitions held in Salthouse parish church.
You may also want to watch:
This year's exhibition, Salthouse 09: Salt of the Earth, runs from July 2 to August 2.
The official guided walk starts at 2.30pm on Saturday June 27 from the British Columbia Hall car park off Cross Street, Salthouse.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water