Russell Brand returning to Norwich with new tour
- Credit: Norwich Theatre Royal
The controversial comic, known for tackling taboos and poking fun at politicians will be heading back to Norwich Theatre Royal this summer.
Russell Brand is set to bring his new show, Re:Birth, to the stage in Norwich on June 19 as part of a 71-date UK and Ireland tour.
Re:Birth will see the comedian tackle a range of questions such as How do we make sense of the madness of our lives once we become parents? What am I going to tell my daughter about conformity and responsibility? What happens if she grows up to be like me or, worse, dates someone like me?
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'Russell's previous visit back in 2014 was a fast-selling show and we are expecting more brisk box office business on his return.
'Friends of the Theatre will not miss out on enjoying his unique comedy style as we'll be keeping a proportion of seats off sale just for them until our new season is announced in a few weeks.'
You may also want to watch:
Brand has enjoyed a wide-ranging career to date, starting with stand-up and presenting, and built a name for himself as the host of Channel Four's Big Brother's Big Mouth, the spin-off of Big Brother.
Big screen success followed this as he won roles in a number of films including Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Despicable Me and Get Him to the Greek.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
Russell Brand's Re:Birth show will be taking place at Norwich Theatre Royal at 8pm on Monday, June 19 and is suitable for those aged 16 and over.
Tickets cost between £8 and £27.50 and are available to purchase now from theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or by calling the Box Office on 01603 630000.