Rush for tickets to see Human League, Kool & the Gang, Rick Astley and more at Norwich Reload festival
- Credit: Archant
Demand for nostalgia is soaring as the countdown to the new Reload Festival gets under way.
More than 50 per cent of the space allocated for camping at September's retro event at the Norfolk Showground has already been snapped up - and delighted organisers said the rush for camping spots demonstrated that the family-friendly 1980s event is destined to be a big hit.
Reload Festival has already confirmed it will bring a raft of British and US music legends to Norfolk for its two-day event.
The weekend's main stage line-up includes a UK exclusive performance by Kool & the Gang, along with The Human League, Soul II Soul, Billy Ocean, Sister Sledge, Five Star, Rick Astley, Jason Donovan, ABC, Go West, Hot Chocolate, Imagination, Oddysey, From the Jam, Heaven 17, Aswad, Bjorn Again and The Real Thing.
These iconic artists amassed scores of classic smash hits across the 70s, 80s & 90s, from System Addict, Ladies' Night, Don't You Want Me Baby, We Are Family, Celebration, Back to Life, When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going and Too Many Broken Hearts, through to You To Me Are Everything, We Close Our Eyes, Don't Turn Around, The Look of Love, Temptation and Never Gonna Give You Up
Reload will play host to additional carnival zones which will feature DJs spinning the big sounds, as well as an array of showpieces with an authentic Eighties Roller Disco, a Silent Disco, Karaoke, stilt walkers and much more
A Reload Festival spokesperson comments: 'Reload Festival is the brand new festival dedicated to delivering music for a generation of partygoers who long for the days of music you can really dance to. Reload represents the rare opportunity to see a large number of top acts across one weekend of huge hits and, with this latest announcement, clearly demand for tickets is high.'
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 9 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
Festival-goers are encouraged to rifle through their wardrobes to find suitable outfits – although fashion from the era is not essential.
Reload Festival will take place at the Norfolk Showground on Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 September. For more information, or to book tickets, visit www.nationalboxoffice.co.uk, www.reloadfestival.co.uk or call 0871 224 1112/1113.
For all the best local gigs check out the Event magazine every Thursday or visit www.edp24.co.uk and www.eveningnews24.co.uk.