Rugby legend Beaumont to visit Fakenham
IAN CLARKE England rugby legend Bill Beaumont is set to attract a scrum of fans when he visits Fakenham later this month.
England rugby legend Bill Beaumont is set to attract a scrum of fans when he visits Fakenham later this month.
The former national captain, who later became a regular on TV's A Question of Sport, will be at the Aldiss store from 11am-2pm on February 24 to introduce new fabrics from the Bill Beaumont Textiles collection.
Beaumont the rugby legend is well known, but many will be surprised at his long association with fabrics.
You may also want to watch:
Now in its fourth generation, Bill Beaumont Textiles was founded in 1888 in Chorley, Lancashire, by the ex-rugby star's great grandfather.
Beaumont jnr took over the family business in 1998 and is now managing director.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
Bill Beaumont Textiles specialises in jacquard weaves to create classic and contemporary soft furnishings to complement all interiors.
Aldiss is one of the largest stockists of Bill Beaumont Textiles in the area.