7 events in Norfolk celebrating the royal wedding
- Credit: PA
It's the royal wedding this Saturday (incase you didn't know) and people across Norfolk will be celebrating in their own special way. Below are just a few of the events taking place across the county to toast the marriage of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
You can bring a picnic and watch the royal wedding on the big screen at the Queen's Norfolk residence.
The massive TV will be put up on the lawn outside the Visitor Centre, showing live coverage of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's big day.
Norwich street party
You may also want to watch:
Businesses in a street in the Norwich Lanes are collaborating for a royal wedding themed street party.
Pure, a bridal boutique, is co-ordinating the party on Lower Goat Lane in the centre of Norwich and will be screening the wedding from its shop window.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
The Chequers Inn
There's going to be a right royal feel at this popular inn at Thornham on Saturday.
Watch the wedding live from 12pm alongside a special afternoon tea of freshly cut sandwiches, dainty desserts, fresh fruit scones with jam and clotted cream, and unlimited tea or coffee. That's just £12.95 per person.
Brundall Boat Show
Rather than reschedule this Saturday's second Brundall Boat Show, organisers are laying on big-screen coverage of the royal wedding.
East Hills will be providing the catering for the event, and hosting an outdoor royal wedding after party from 4pm, with an al fresco BBQ, cocktails and live music from The Anyones.
A large screen will be put up in the cathedral nave on Saturday and show all live coverage from the highly anticipated wedding at St George's Chapel in Windsor.
Those at the cathedral will also be able to join in the hymns sung during the service, accompanied by the cathedral organ, and food and drink will be available from the Refectory Cafe.
St Augustine's Place
The care home on Addison Road in Gorleston is hosting its very own wedding reception with a five course meal, entertainer and evening buffet.
Hughes Electrical of Gorleston has loaned a 65inch television for the event and from 3pm friends and family have been invited to join in the celebrations.
Cupcakes and Bubbles
In honour of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's big day, the Norwich café is hosting an afternoon tea party.
Expect cucumber and cream cheese, smoked salmon, egg mayonnaise and ham and English mustard sandwiches, fruit scones with the works, brownies, cupcakes and a pot of Meghan and Harry Royal Tea or coffee - all for £15.95 per person. Upgrade to a glass of prosecco for £21, or Champers for £26.
• Are you hosting an event to celebrate the royal wedding? If so email email@example.com with all the details.
Don't miss the Eastern Daily Press for a week-long series of souvenir supplements to mark the Royal Wedding. Friday and Saturday's supplements will tell you all you need to know about the big day itself, meanwhile on Monday you can enjoy our 16-page picture special. At the end, all of our supplements can be put together to make one big 52-page souvenir.