Royal Shakespeare Company singer returns to King’s Lynn to perform
- Credit: Archant
A member of the Royal Shakespeare Company and former Springwood High School pupil is returning to King's Lynn to perform as a soloist with the Festival Chorus.
Alexandra Ferrari will be performing in Britten's A Boy was Boy at A Fanfare For Christmas on Sunday, December 3, at 5pm in St. Nicholas' Chapel, King's Lynn.
Ms Ferrari was a member of the Festival Chorus from the age of 15, also taking singing lessons from local singing teacher, Fiona Marshall.
Under her guidance, and encouragement from Festival Chorus music directors, she secured a place at the Birmingham Conservatoire.
Ms Ferrari said: 'I'm really looking forward to coming back to sing with the Festival Chorus, among friends who have given me so much encouragement in every way as I was growing up.
You may also want to watch:
'They played a large part in developing my musical skills. It will be like coming home.'
Also in the concert is the Mardi Brass quintet, a group of professional soloists who get together as a group to perform music of varied genre, from Renaissance to jazz.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
Completing the line-up for the concert are children from St Martha's Catholic Primary School led by Sara-Jane Brennock and Churchill Park School led by Judith Williams. They will perform on their own as well as join in singing with the Festival Chorus.
Tickets are £12 and are available from the Corn Exchange's website or 01553 764864.