Royal Norfolk Show 2017: Best dressed and headline hat winners
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Despite the rain a trio of ladies wowed in the style stakes when they were named the best dressed and headline hat winners on the first day of this year's Royal Norfolk Show.
The competition, which is sponsored by intu Chapelfield, saw style spotters out and about throughout the day looking for the people with the best outfits and most eye-catching hats.
Catherine Fox, 47, from Brundall, was one of the best dressed winners. She impressed with a vibrant orange dress and matching jacket and hat.
'I am just overwhelmed. I never expected to win, especially as I was wearing wellies instead of the beautiful shoes I was going to wear,' she said.
June Ridley, 78, from Mendham in Suffolk, also won the best dressed prize for her beautiful black dress with yellow detail and colour coordinated fascinator, handbag and sandals. She said she was 'flabbergasted and over the moon' to win.
You may also want to watch:
Shona Matthews, 24, from Saham Hills, won the headline hat award with a striking purple hat.
'I'm very surprised and very happy to win. It's a big hat that has done a good job of protecting me from the rain today!' she said.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
Norwich Resident and Royal Coast Resident editor Emma Lee judged the competition with 2016 Great British Bake Off contestant RNS best dressed winner Kate Barmby.
For more stories about the Royal Norfolk Show click here