Robin Hood pantomime fun in Sheringham
- Credit: Archant
A popular pantomime about taking from the rich to give to the poor has been given the West End treatment for a seaside town.
Robin Hood, at Sheringham Little Theatre, opens on Tuesday and runs until Saturday January 3.
It has been written by West End star Killian Donnelly, currently starring in the London musical Memphis as Huey, wrote the original script. He wrote last year's Snow White pantomime.
The show features a professional cast as well as teams of local children.
Combining the classic tale of Robin Hood and his Merry Men with the East Anglian yarn Babes in the Wood - first printed in Norwich in 1595 - it features a number of modern twists, with characters including the Sheriff of Rottingham, Snapchap and panto dame Nanny Polly Tix, played by Little Theatre regular Russel Hicken.
'We are also excited to welcome back Nick Earnshaw, who played ugly sister Pearl in our panto in 2009,' Mrs Thompson said.
'I think Nick not only really 'gets' panto, but he also understands how the little theatre works, knows how to relate to our loyal audiences and appreciates what an important part of the community we are.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 4 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 7 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 8 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 9 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
'We can't wait for the curtain to go up on Robin Hood – we are sure everyone who comes to see it will enjoy it immensely and leave with some great seasonal memories.'
Robin Hood runs at Sheringham Little Theatre from Tuesday December 9 to Saturday January 3.
For more information about the panto, or to book tickets for the little theatre production, phone the box office on 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com