Review: The Sound of Musicals, Lowestoft Players
- Credit: Archant
Review: David Porter applauds the Lowestoft Players' golden jubilee production.
Musicals are worth celebrating any time, but the Lowestoft Players have a special reason to pull out the musical theatre stops.
Founded in 1967, the award-winning Lowestoft Players open their golden jubilee year with The Sound of Musicals at their very own Bethel Theatre.
With more than 50 musicals to their credit, not to mention pantomimes, plays and revues, this talented, continuously inventive all-age cast present a sparkling show offering a taste from most of those musicals!
More than a concert of excerpts, this has dancing, moving, magnificent singing, comedy, emotion and a gripping sense of showbiz and spectacle - a hallmark of the Players' house style.
You may also want to watch:
From traditional musicals like Annie Get Your Gun, Carousel, Oklahoma! and Oliver!, to less familiar favourites such as Jekyll and Hyde, Titanic, Grease, Little Shop of Horrors, Boogie Nights and The Scarlet Pimpernel.
They showcase moments from Chess, The Hired Man, Summer Holiday, The Full Monty and Spamalot. There is the traditional, the experimental and the joyous glory of stunning costumes and backdrops, enthusiasm in waves and a professionalism that belies the 'amateur' status they enjoy.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 8 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
Happy Birthday, Lowestoft Players. Join their party; it's on till October 8.