Review: Sub Focus, UEA LCR, Norwich - Drum and bass DJ gets the whole of Norwich shaking
- Credit: Archant
Electronic house DJ Sub Focus came to Norwich last night, Friday, December 8, and set the dance floor at the LCR alive with his indescribable beats and dubstep sounds.
Paired perfectly with hype man MC-ID they had the crowd bouncing as the floor vibrated from the intense bass.
Although Sub Focus, Nick Douwma, has not released an album since 2013 and has not had a charting single since the same year, the DJ and producer was up and current with the flow of modern, high tempo drum and bass and kept the LCR stunned with each mix and drop.
The Guildford, Surrey, born DJ mixed tracks new and old into a seamless blend that had the whole of the LCR non-stop dancing into the early hours of the morning.
From the moment he came on stage with MC-ID you could feel the energy fill the venue which did not stop throughout the whole set.
You may also want to watch:
If you are into electronic music and drum and bass Sub Focus is not to be missed.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 7 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told