Review: Sister Act at Norwich Theatre Royal
- Credit: �Tristram Kenton
Sister Act is back at Norwich Theatre Royal – hallelujah.
One of the most successful big screen to stage transfers in recent years, based on the 1992 movie starring Whoopi Goldberg, Strictly judge Craig Revel Horwood directs and, predictably, the show is fab-u-lous.
X Factor breakout star Alexandra Burke – returning to Norwich Theatre Royal following a star turn in The Bodyguard last year – heads the cast.
Burke steps into Whoopi Goldberg's habit as disco diva Deloris Van Cartier and her performance is pitch perfect.
When the singer witnesses her club owner boyfriend Curtis (Aaron Lee Lambert) carry out a murder, the police hide her in a convent, where she and the sisters bond in song.
You may also want to watch:
This is a feelgood show which has it all – drama, comedy, a bit of romance and glitterballs. Just heavenly.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
Sister Act is at Norwich Theatre Royal until Saturday, May 6. 01603 630000/ www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk