Review: Sayer, Sheringham Little Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham Little Theatre
Saturday night can be a time to sit on the sofa watching wannabe singers and dancers on the telly.
But those who ventured to the Hub saw true local talent live as North Walsham musical duo Ron and Charlotte Sayer unveiled their new acoustic show.
It sees them unplugged from their current blues band format. Well almost, as Ron's guitar is hitched into a pedal board with gizmos that help him add layers of looping beats, rhythms and riffs - but all juggled live on top of his guitar virtuosity, and Charlotte's versatile voice.
The pair use their new toys and techniques to put a new slant on old favourites ranging from Dollie Parton's Jolene to Jessie J's Price Tag. Special praise for their clever take on You're The One That I Want from Grease and the Jacksons' I Want You Back.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
A new direction for the Sayers and one music fans will enjoy following.