Review: Noisy Holiday at the Adnams Spiegeltent
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Bristol-based musician Kid Carpet (an anagram of his name Ed Patrick) is a one man phenomenon.
In this hilarious children's show, he and some plastic animals are going on holiday. While he's discussing plans with his miniature menagerie (a bear, a badger, a gorilla and a hedgehog) the creatures suddenly flash up on a screen beside him. Part puppeteer, part film maker, he animates their adventures as we watch - changing back-drops, adding props and creating his own pop sound track.
With so much going on, confusion ought to ensue. But it doesn't. Whether acting, singing or operating the technical apparatus, he makes the job look easy.
New tracks for fans include 'Rollercoaster' and 'Swimming with the Fishes.'
An enthusiastic audience in the Adnams Spiegeltent gave it all the thumbs up.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143