Review: Noisy Holiday at the Adnams Spiegeltent
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Bristol-based musician Kid Carpet (an anagram of his name Ed Patrick) is a one man phenomenon.
In this hilarious children's show, he and some plastic animals are going on holiday. While he's discussing plans with his miniature menagerie (a bear, a badger, a gorilla and a hedgehog) the creatures suddenly flash up on a screen beside him. Part puppeteer, part film maker, he animates their adventures as we watch - changing back-drops, adding props and creating his own pop sound track.
With so much going on, confusion ought to ensue. But it doesn't. Whether acting, singing or operating the technical apparatus, he makes the job look easy.
New tracks for fans include 'Rollercoaster' and 'Swimming with the Fishes.'
An enthusiastic audience in the Adnams Spiegeltent gave it all the thumbs up.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich