Review: Dave Gorman’s Powerpoint Presentation
Why do a certain mobile phone manufacturer's adverts always show the same time? This and dozens of other oddities of the modern world are some of the unlikely topics for Dave Gorman's Powerpoint Presentation, the internet-loving comedian's latest show.
Playing to a sell-out Norwich Playhouse crowd, Gorman used all the techniques office-dwellers are forced to deal with on a daily basis: there were graphs, there were unnecessary animations, there were odd sounds - all on a very big screen. But most of all there were laughs.
This is witty, entertaining comedy that takes your brain out for a walk and tricks it in to a brisk run - and it turns out exercise really does release endorphins.
Gorman tilts at the idiocy of marketing, the preconceptions that govern our relationships with each other and between nations, and what foodstuffs do odd things to your excretions (luckily the last one didn't get the full Powerpoint treatment).
He does so with an easy manner that makes him eminently likeable, even when tackling - with some force - an audience member who had left their phone on and went for a wee mid-show. He even makes an unlikely Twitter-based alliance with Jim Davidson.
If only that damn animated paperclip had made all Powerpoint presentations as good as this one.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 5 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 6 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 7 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 8 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 9 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 10 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
Dave Gorman's Powerpoint Presentation returns to the Playhouse on Thursday. The show is sold out but contact the box office for returns.