Review: Blakeney Players, Mummy Mia!
- Credit: Archant
Blakeney Village Hall
Have you ever wondered what life was like in ancient Egypt?
Join Gertrude Bell and Rosetta Stone as they meet the Sheikh of Araby, and travel back 4,500 years to the reign of King Tut Tut.
Holt GP Dr Peter Franklin's witty new show Mummy Mia! is his wackiest yet - with glittering royal wives, raucous professional mourners, amazing makeup, and poignant songs from Steve Benson. The story is complicated, but an interest in hieroglyphics will help.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 9 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 10 Countryfile to highlight controversial Norfolk road scheme
Here is everything we have come to expect from this talented team, the Blakeney Players - fantastic costumes, ingenious scene shifting, breathtaking views of the pyramids, the fascinating domestic arrangements of King Tut Tut, and north Norfolk's matinée idol showing us how to use a monocle. And wait till you see the dancers - and the camel.
Sue and Michael Andrews
? Further performances of the show, which also stars local GPs Alison Brooks and Martyn Scott, can be seen on July 23 and 30, and August 6, at 8pm.
Box Office: Butcher Andrews solicitors, Holt, 01263 712023. Tickets £8 adult, £3 child.