Return to Neverland at Theatre Royal is the sequel to classic which never gets old
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
The story about the boy who is forever young, never gets old.
Fans of much-loved children's classic Peter Pan will be able to see the sequel performed by a cast of young actors in Norwich.
This brand new show, with script, music and lyrics by theatre arts course director David Lambert, is the 26th summer performance he has directed.
'We have around 300 performers involved with about 180 on stage in each run, so it is quite a big curtain call,' Mr Lambert said.
'The audiences won't just be made up of mums and dads of the performers, there will be people who want to see the sequel to the Peter Pan story.'
You may also want to watch:
Joe Darbyshire, 21, who is playing Captain Hook, will perform for the last time with the Norwich Theatre Royal Youth Company after seven years.
'It is good fun as the summer show always have such a massive cast,' he said.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 7 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
As well as classes, the Youth Company presents a number of productions at The Garage in Norwich and a lavish annual summer production.
Famous former students of the courses include Hunger Games star Sam Claflin and his brother Joe from Game of Thrones, and Jack Bannon who appeared in the Brad Pitt movie Fury, ITV's Inspector Morse spin-off Endeavour, and most recently in the biopic of Alan Turing: The Imitation Game.
Peter Pan Return To Neverland runs from today until Saturday, August 1 at 7pm, with a matinee on the Saturday at 2pm. For tickets call the Box Office on 01603 630000 or book online at: www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk
Do you have a story about the arts? Email arts corespondent Emma Knights on email@example.com