Rail tale is a platform for talents
- Credit: Submitted
Sheringham Little Theatre and North Norfolk Railway are joining forces to present the much loved classic story; The Railway Children.
A 10-strong cast couples up six repertory professional actors with four local faces keen to learn from the journey. The Railway Children runs between August 10 and 16 - one of six plays during the venue's summer drama season.
Director Amy Wyllie said the adaptation saw a tunnel and tracks on stage, and there would be sound effects but the locations, action and train were down to the cast to create with their descriptions and acting skills.
'The whole drama is a challenge because of the many locations involved, so everyone has to use their imaginations.'
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said they were keen to get children and families involved with the summer rep season. The Railway Children, using links with the North Norfolk Railway, was ideal.
You may also want to watch:
Discount deals for people visiting the show and the railway will be in operation.
And the railway is also staging special drop-in activities for children, linked to the classic adventure story, during the stage show's run.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
On Saturday, August 13, there will be a chance to meet the acting cast, in character, at Weybourne station from 10.30am.
And every day there will be fun events at the line's three main stations. At Sheringham youngsters can collect story packages, to enable them to write their own Railway Children inspired tale. At Weybourne there will be a large board game based on the story. And at Holt there will be a trail with clues and objects to find in and around the station yard.
r more information and tickets about the plays call the box office on 01263 822347, or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com