RAF in Concert tour heads to Norwich
- Credit: Corporal Ben Tritta
The last official event celebrating the Royal Air Force's centenary arrives in Norwich this month.
The RAF in Concert tour will be performing everything from military marches to big band pieces at Theatre Royal on Sunday, September 29.
It marks the end of a series of events that have been staged around the UK to celebrate and commemorate the RAF.
Accomplished musicians from the RAF Squadronaires, Central Band of the Royal Air Force and Salon Orchestra will all be performing.
The concert will be conducted by the RAF's principal director of music, Wg Cdr Piers Morrell, and the compere will be the voice of Strictly Come Dancing's Alan Dedicoat.
You may also want to watch:
The audience will be treated to classic military tunes including the The Dambusters March and Spitfire Fugue.
For ticket details visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call 01603 630000. The concert begins at 7.30pm.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms