RAF in Concert tour heads to Norwich
- Credit: Corporal Ben Tritta
The last official event celebrating the Royal Air Force's centenary arrives in Norwich this month.
The RAF in Concert tour will be performing everything from military marches to big band pieces at Theatre Royal on Sunday, September 29.
It marks the end of a series of events that have been staged around the UK to celebrate and commemorate the RAF.
Accomplished musicians from the RAF Squadronaires, Central Band of the Royal Air Force and Salon Orchestra will all be performing.
The concert will be conducted by the RAF's principal director of music, Wg Cdr Piers Morrell, and the compere will be the voice of Strictly Come Dancing's Alan Dedicoat.
You may also want to watch:
The audience will be treated to classic military tunes including the The Dambusters March and Spitfire Fugue.
For ticket details visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call 01603 630000. The concert begins at 7.30pm.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park