Radio One DJ to feed sharks
Radio One DJ Scott Mills will be feeding the sharks at Yarmouth's Sealife Centre, thanks to a cheeky e-mail from a member of staff.enter Chris Moyles joked that Yarmouth was in the back of beyond.
Radio One DJ Scott Mills will be feeding the sharks at Yarmouth's Sealife Centre, thanks to a cheeky e-mail from a member of staff.
Catering manager at the Sealife Centre, Hayley Townsend, sent the
e-mail to Radio One after breakfast presenter Chris Moyles joked that Yarmouth was in the back of beyond.
Determined to defend Yarmouth's reputation, Hayley invited Scott Mills to come and hand-feed the centre's 9ft-long nurse sharks as part of his around-the-UK fundraising tour for Red Nose Day.
You may also want to watch:
“I heard them talking about Yarmouth on my way to work saying that it was in the middle of nowhere, so when I got to work I jokingly sent an e-mail saying they should come and see for themselves,” said Hayley.
“I just thought we would get a mention on the radio. I didn't expect them to actually send Scott Mills.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as developer donates £50,000 to lifeboats
“All I wanted them to see was that there was life in Yarmouth,” she added.
The DJ will be feeding the sharks at the centre at 11am on Wednesday, March 9.
People are being asked to help raise as much money as possible from the event and the centre has pledged to match what is raised, all of which will be donated to Comic Relief.