Radio 1 DJ Matt Edmondson says Norwich’s Big Weekend will be ‘the best one we have ever had’
- Credit: BBC/Ray Burmiston
Radio 1 DJ Matt Edmondson said planning was the best way to get the most out of the Big Weekend, and would ensure no favourite bands were missed.
The presenter, who hosts a radio show on Saturdays and Sundays at 10am, said: 'You don't want to find yourself trapped in one stage and have missed a band you wanted to see.
'It is good to be a bit of a geek about it.
'I have become unstuck about it before, so do some planning.'
He added Muse, 5 Seconds of Summer, Snoop Dogg and Years and Years were on his must-see list, along with DJ and producer David Guetta.
You may also want to watch:
Matt can be heard live from Earlham Park both days at 10am, where he and Greg James will sneak on site to get the gossip before the day begins.
'This is the best one we have ever had,' he said. 'There are so many people I am keen to go and see.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
'For me, the Big Weekend is the best school trip of the year. All of your colleagues are there. There are a lot of people you get to see around the building but you would never get to go away with them.'