Quick take-up of festival tickets
RICHARD BALLS Organisers of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival are celebrating the best advance sales for the first fortnight of the event.
Organisers of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival are celebrating the best advance sales for the first fortnight of the event.
More than a third of tickets have been sold for this year's events, which include jazz, classical and chamber music, theatre, family events and outdoor spectacles.
Marketing manager Rachael Murray said that people wanting to see the likes of the Hilliard Ensemble, Emma Johnson and Jacques Loussier would need to get tickets soon.
Fans of Norfolk's own Nimmo Twins would also need to be quick.
"We have been thrilled with the early response to this year's programme of events," she said.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 6 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 7 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 8 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 9 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 10 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
"I don't think I have ever seen such a quick take-up of tickets in my time at the festival, which is a great sign to us that we are programming world-class events that have an appeal to all."
For details of the festival, May 4-15, to request a brochure or book tickets call the box office on 01603 766400 or visit www.n-joy.org.uk