Quacking line-up of decorated ducks get set for Norwich race
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A quacking line-up is getting set to take to the River Wensum for this year's Grand Norwich Duck Race.
The annual race of decorated ducks in aid of children's charity Break will take place on Sunday, August 26, and an array of colourful characters have already been created to compete in this year's event.
Everyone from Admiral Lord Nelson to Buzz Lightyear have inspired some of this year's contenders - and there is still time for more decorated ducks to enter the race which will start at St George's Bridge and finish at Fye Bridge, near the Ribs of Beef.
Sarah Bunn, senior fundraiser at Break, said: 'We love organising this event, seeing the decorated ducks come back with amazing artwork and themes and seeing all the families enjoying themselves. We are enormously grateful to the Ribs of Beef, the Broads Authority, Norfolk Paddle Company and Print, Pack and Post for their support.'
Anthea Cawdron, landlady of the Ribs of Beef, added: 'Each year the team at the Ribs of Beef look forward to the Grand Norwich Duck Race.
You may also want to watch:
'The event is so much fun for all the family. This year's event is set to be packed full of activities from face painting for the children to duck-themed beers for the grown-ups!
'We recommend you arrive in good time to secure your spot by the river.'
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
On Sunday, August 26 there will be Grand Norwich Duck Race festivities on St George's Bridge from 11am, including a race of smaller ducks at 2pm and the race of decorated ducks at 2.30pm.
For more information about the event, including how to sponsor a decorated duck, visit www.break-charity.org