Proms-style concert at on Blickling Estate
- Credit: Archant
An historic estate is hosting a summer picnic concert featuring 1940s glamour and music this weekend.
Blickling Hall, near Aylsham, is hosting its Last Night of the Blickling Proms outdoor concert for the fourth year running on Saturday August 8.
It is following a 1940s theme and commemorating 75 years since the estate was handed to the National Trust.
This year's concert is again supporting the Veterans Norfolk group.
The umbrella organisation brings together all the county's service charities and liaises with councils to enhance the welfare and well-being of the armed forces and veteran community.
You may also want to watch:
It is the nominated charity of the Last Night of the Blickling Proms event and £1,050.00 was raised at last year's concert.
The concert, staged by Revival Productions, will feature the Sinfonia Viva orchestra and mezzo soprano Annette Wardell performing 1940s style music.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
There is also a choreographed Spitfire aerial display and rousing Last Night of the Proms style finale, with fireworks.
Organisers are encouraging owners of classic cars from the 1940s era to go along to the event.
Vintage cars can be parked in a special area to be viewed by concert-goers.
People are also being encouraged to dress up in their best 1940s outfits.
The free concert car parks open at noon on the day and gates open at 4pm.
Tickets cost £33 in advance or £36 on the night. Call 01263 223500 or visit www.revival-productions.co.uk