Prizes for Southrepps group as Blickling proms concert sales pass milestone
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
The champagne is on ice for a Bond-themed music evening after a group of concert goers took ticket sales past a milestone.
Blickling Hall is hosting a proms-style event in August, which combines lakeside picnicking in the stately home's park, with a full orchestra, and Spitfire flying display.
This year's event will repeat the patriotic flag-waving finale, but is also taking on a James Bond theme - giving men and women the chance to dress up as suave spies and glamourous Bond girls.
One group has already booked more than 30 tickets, having bought a 40-plus strong party last year, and it has seen them win a bottle of champagne and two extra tickets having passed the 2013 tickets-sold mark.
Organiser of the prize-winning party, Olga Bryant from Southrepps, said: 'Last year's concert was fabulous - the music, atmosphere and the Spitfire.'
She and husband John planned to go but as they asked friends and fellow villagers the numbers grew to a coach full.
'Everyone was amazed and had a wonderful evening, and there was a tear in lots of people's eyes after the Spitfire.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
'So when the concert was advertised again for this year, I started getting emails from friends in the village asking if I was going to be organising another party.'
They will be dressing up, taking flags and picnics - which other concertgoers are encouraged to do at the Last Night of the Blickling Proms event on Saturday August 10.
The movie theme of the first half, includes a symphonic medley of James Bond themes to celebrate 50 years of Bond, as well as other cinema classics.
The second half will be full of proms favourites, including Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory, before a firework finale.
It is being promoted by Revival Productions, with media support from the EDP.
Tickets are available for £32 (group discounts available). Visit www.revival-productions.co.uk or call the box office on 01263 734711. No booking fees are charged and car and coach parking on the night is free.