Hotly tipped American rock band Sunflower Bean are set to play Norwich’s Open
- Credit: Archant
This American rock trio have been together for five years, but it is only now, with the release of their second album, that they are starting to create a real buzz in the UK.
Their recent singles, including the brilliantly catchy 'I Was a Fool', have picked up some decent radio airtime, with BBC Radio6 in particular heavily championing the band.
This Monday (26) they come to the fine city for a gig at Norwich Open. They're unlikely to be playing venues of this size for long so it's well worth getting along.
The gig follows hot on the heels of the release of their second full album, 'Twentytwo In Blue', which has received rave reviews in the UK press.
Here's what The Daily Telegraph said: 'If rock 'n' roll is dead nobody has told Sunflower Bean. The young New York trio are a group to fall in love with, a perfectly balanced unit that combines the prime rock elements of drums, bass and guitar, with characterful vocals. They do melodies and attitude; swagger and sensuousness.'
You may also want to watch:
You get the picture and not only do they sound great, they look the picture to.
If you want to be ahead of the curve and you enjoy watching bands that are on the verge of breakthrough, then this is the gig for you.
Tickets at opennorwich.org.uk
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 6 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge