Postwick village group plans its first-ever garage sale
- Credit: Archant
Everything from plants to books and second-hand clothes will go on sale at a garage and driveway sale planned for Postwick, east of Norwich.
The Friends of Postwick Church group is organising the event for July 15 from midday to 4pm to raise money for the village's All Saints Church.
Su Allport, from the friends group, said 14 households would take part by hosting their own sales, and maps and refreshments would be available from the village hall in Ferry Lane.
Miss Allport said: 'People will be able to get a good bargain or two.
'There'll be everything from bric-a-brac to plants and household goods.
'Garage sales and reusing things is very popular at the moment and it's good for the environment.
'This is the first one of its kind that we've run so we're really trying to make a success of it.'
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 4 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 9 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 10 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more.