Portraits from photos and unusual cake stands among gift ideas at Thorpe Market Seasonal Spectacular
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers looking for unusual, perhaps unique, Christmas presents and decorations will find a varied array of locally-produced art work on offer at a Seasonal Spectacular this weekend.
St Margaret's Church, Thorpe Market, is hosting the two-day exhibition and sale of work, on Saturday and Sunday November 14 and 15.
A group of seven local artist will be offering new artwork, photographs, handmade gifts, cards and decorations.
A wide selection of second-hand books will also be for sale, and teas, coffees and hot mince pies will be available.
Entry is free and the event is open between 11am and 4pm each day.
The featured artists are:
? Rosalie Osborne Gibb - showing her new collection of original artwork as well as photographs, prints and greetings cards depicting her paintings and photos, plus Christmas cards, decorations and gifts.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
? North Walsham's Cat Pottery - Winstanley handmade cats have been made for the past 40 years and are currently produced by Nick Allen and Kim Greenstreet. Their menagerie, which ranges from the tiny to life-size, will include a specially-designed Christmas collection.
? Terrie and Pam - glass artists who will have a range of handmade glass items at the event, from Murano glass necklace pendants to Christmas decorations, dishes, ornamental items, landscape and seascape panels.
? Max Brooker - an artist who can work from photographs. Take along a favourite photo of a person or pet and he will paint a portrait from it in time for Christmas. Past commissions will be on display, as well as his 2016 pets calendar.
? Eddie Williams - an artist who creates unique and useful items such as three-tier cake stands made from old records.