Popular 1940s weekend returning to Sheringham
- Credit: Archant
Blitz spirit will be returning to Sheringham for the popular 1940s weekend.
The event, organised by the North Norfolk Railway, which attracts thousands of people from across the country will be happening on Saturday September 20 and Sunday September 21.
It is widely felt to be one of the best events of its type in the country and visitors dress up in authentic 1940s outfits including gas masks and ration books.
Events will be held at the Poppy Line stations at Sheringham, Weybourne and Holt.
These include singing by the American Tan, the Sheringham Salvation Army Band, Nostalgia Unlimited and gramophone music.
Food including wartime rations, tea and spam sandwiches will be served by the NAAFI.
Entertainment will be provided by Jitterbug dancers and re-enactment groups.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 9 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 10 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
There will also be a collection of 1940s vehicles and veteran and vintage bicycles.
Shops in Sheringham will also be taking part in the weekend and will be decorated and transformed to suit the 1940s era.
Steam engines will be running along the Poppy Line during the weekend.
Tickets for rides on the engine cost £16.50 or £28.00 for adult rovers; £15.50 or £26 for senior rovers; £10.50 or £16 for child rovers; and £49.50 or £84 for family rovers.
To book call 01263 820800.