Police Gala Day
Norfolk Constabulary's 29th annual Gala Day will take place on Sunday September 3 at the Royal Norfolk Showground. The day is the biggest police-organised event of its kind in the country.
Norfolk Constabulary's 29th annual Gala Day will take place on Sunday September 3 at the Royal Norfolk Showground.
The day is the biggest police-organised event of its kind in the country. Over 20,000 people regularly attend the Gala day to experience the family entertainment which this year will include displays from the Royal Artillery Motocycle Display team and the Radio Norfolk Old Car Ralley.
The event also gives visitors the chance to learn about policing, from forensics to diving, and has a recruitment stand for budding police officers to find out about joining Norfolk Police.
Chief Constable Carole Howleet said: “The day is designed to offer something for everyone. We are really looking forward to another brilliant event.”
Gates are open from 10am to 6pm and tickets (£5 for adults, £3 for children and £15 for a family of four) are available at the gate.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge