Poet Pam Ayres brings her wry look at life to Cromer Pier
- Credit: Archant
Poet Pam Ayres is bring her wry observations on life to north Norfolk.
She is appearing at Cromer Pier Pavilion Theatre on Thursday May 15 in an evening showcasing her new book You Made Me Late Again!
It is a collection of more than 50 new poems from
Pam, who has been a writer, broadcaster and entertainer for nearly 40 years since winning the talent show Opportunity Knocks in 1975.
Her trademark humour focuses on the comic detail of everyday life - from wishing your husband was more dashing to becoming a granny for the first time, exploding wardrobes, knowing you must eat more fruit, and the dog being afraid of the toaster.
Her observations can be also poignant as well as funny. She has also appeared on TV and radio shows such as Just a Minute, QI, and Countdown.
Her new book also features several firm favourites from her stage shows such as The Make-Up Lady and Tippy Tappy Feet.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 7 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 8 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 9 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 10 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
Pam, who has lived on a Gloucestershire smallholding for more than 25 years, was made an MBE in 2004.
Tickets for an Evening with Pam Ayres, at Cromer Pier, May 15, 7.30pm are £22.50 (concessions £16.50) through the box office on 01263 512495 or via www.cromer-pier.com. Her book is published by Ebury Press, price £16.99.
Follow Pam on Twitter @PamAyres.