Plan B to perform at Thetford Forest next year
Singer and rapper Plan B has announced he will kick-off a series of outdoor performances across the country at Thetford Forest next year.
The songwriter, actor and film director who has released two albums, including the soul-influenced The Defamation of Strickland Banks, will perform at High Lodge Forest Centre, near Brandon, Suffolk, on Friday, June 15.
Tickets cost �32 and will go on sale from 9am this Friday and the concerts are part of the Forestry Commission Live Music 2012, where acts perform at woodland locations across the country.
It was announced last month that East Anglia's multi-award winning rockers, The Darkness, will also perform at Thetford Forest on July 14, as part of the annual Forestry Commission Live Music event.
After the concert on June 15, Plan B and supporting artists will perform in Nottinghamshire, Kent, Gloucestershire, Staffordshire, North Yorkshire and Cheshire.
You may also want to watch:
The singer said: 'It's going to be a real adventure taking the Plan B show into the woods. I'm really up for this and hope to see you there.'
Accolades won by Plan B, real name Ben Drew, are Best British Male at the Brit Awards and a trio of Ivor Novellos, which are Songwriter of the Year, Album of the Year for The Defamation of Strickland Banks and Most Performed Work for the hit song She Said.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
To buy tickets for the Thetford Forest gig contact the Forestry Commission box office by ringing 03000 680400 or visit www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
Money raised from the ticket sales go towards improving local forests for people and wildlife.