Pinocchio on Ice
Norfolk Showground, Costessey, Norwich
> Norfolk Showground, Costessey, Norwich
Wow, this is a show with everything but the kitchen sink in it. Actually, I think that I did spot a sink in there somewhere!
It stars both established and up-and-coming skaters from Hungary and is big on effort and impact, with enough costumes to satisfy the most dedicated fashion lover.
The story of Pinocchio is somewhat lost, indeed the whole concept of it being a bad thing to tell fibs doesn't really come across and the infamous nose doesn't move. Instead, there's scene after scene, maybe set at a circus, at a fair, in a pub, or underwater, with character after character to entertain. Look out for a cheeky cat played by Andrea Major while Bertalaz Zakany plays a very nimble Pinocchio although I would have liked to have seen more of him.
You may also want to watch:
Special note should go to Diana Poth who crops up every second scene and is probably the most technically advanced performer.
Maybe the show isn't totally slick, maybe the narration pieces are too long but, boy, do the cast members work hard.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
If the Theatre Royal panto lot think their job is tough, they should take a trip to the showground.
t The show runs until January 3. Call 0870 444 1505 for tickets.