Pier show cancelled due to weather
Dominic Chessum Bosses at Cromer Pier have taken the decision to cancel tonight's show due to concerns about the weather.
Bosses at Cromer Pier have taken the decision to cancel tonight's show due to concerns about the weather.
With stormy seas and a high spring tide the pier will be closed from around 4.30pm as the tide makes it way back up the beach.
The decision was taken by pier general manager Ian Hall in consultation with officials from North Norfolk District Council.
Mr Hall said: “It is a question of public safety and we feel we cannot proceed with the show.
“The weather is due to back off but it is not due to do that until later in the night.”
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 5 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 6 Councillors quit Conservative group over multi-million-pound building move
- 7 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 8 Shock as Ukrainian solidarity flags daubed with Nazi swastikas
- 9 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 10 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
Tonight's show was due to be Todd Miller and the Joe Loss Orchestra. Mr Hall said all those who had bought tickets would be refunded.
Tomorrow's performance of That'll Be the Day is expected to go ahead as normal.
For more information call the box office on 01263 512495.