PICTURES: stunning Norfolk snaps taken by teenage prodigy
These stunning images of an avocet in flight and a kingfisher are among a collection that will go in display in north Norfolk this month.
They were taken in and around Cley by 13-year-old Olie Horton, whose work will be showcased at Norfolk Wildlife Trust's Cley Marshes visitor centre from February 13 to 27.
Olie, who is from South Lincolnshire, won Country Life magazine's Young Bird Photographer of 2010 competition and has a long-standing passion for wildlife.
He has been photographing wildlife around his home county and north Norfolk for two-and-a-half-years, and has had several pictures published in Birdwatch magazine.
His family has been visiting Cley for a number of years, and a number of Olie's photographs – many of which will be part of the fortnight-long exhibition – were taken on the NWT reserve and in the surrounding coastal and wetland environments.
Olie, whose work is going on show for the first time, will be the youngest exhibitor at the visitor centre.
He said: 'I'm really excited about it. Your first exhibition is a great opportunity and I'm looking forward to plenty of feedback about my current collection of work.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
Jonathan Clarkson, manager of the centre, said: 'Olie is the youngest photographer we've ever hosted an exhibition for, and we're really excited to help play our part in what will hopefully be a long career in nature photography. His images really capture the beauty and spirit of the wildlife that can be found at Cley Marshes and the north Norfolk coast.'