Picture gallery: Cawston Band claim title at 74th East Anglian Brass Band Association Spring Festival
The 74th East Anglian Brass Band Association Spring Festival was held at St Andrew's Hall in Norwich on Sunday.
The day started with a contest that saw six brass bands from around East Anglia compete for the right to be named the festival's 2012 champion and other prizes.
Each band played a concert programme of 25 minutes, which had to include a hymn tune. This was while the adjudicator for the contest, Peter Bassano, judged the contest from behind a curtain.
Cawston Band claimed the festival's title for the third consecutive year, as well as first prize for the 'hymn tune' and 'entertainments' categories in the championship class.
Association chairman, Christine Wade, said: 'The contest was enjoyed by competitors and spectators. Members of the bands are already talking about next year's contest.'
The contest was followed in the evening by a concert from the world famous Grimethorpe Colliery Band, featuring cornet soloist Roger Webster, tenor horn Soloist Danny Powell, flugel soloist Andy Holmes and euphonium soloists Michael Dodd and Phillipe Schwartz.
- To see more pictures from the festival, view the picture gallery at the top-right of this page.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 10 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia