Photophonic Experiment in Norwich
COLIN WILSON The Photophonic Experiment, an evening of electro-spectral musical phenomena featuring Pram, Blissbody and Project Dark comes to Norwich Arts Centre this Sunday, from 8pm.
The Photophonic Experiment, an evening of electro-spectral musical phenomena featuring Pram, Blissbody and Project Dark comes to Norwich Arts Centre this Sunday, from 8pm. The performance will be divided into three parts, each artistically lead by one of the groups.
Birmingham's Pram have a repertoire spanning seven critically-acclaimed albums over 10 years. Incorporating theremin, clarinet, vibraphone, shimmering fragile guitar and dubby bass, their music is anchored by looping and chaotic rhythms to create a combination of astro jazz, sci-fi soundscapes, creepy Victoriana, tropical analogue and tumbledown funk.
For over 12 years, Blissbody have been creating performances, installations and large-scale events combining sound, light, pyrotechnics and video.
You may also want to watch:
Project Dark has been producing large-scale live video/music shows since 1995. Their live performances have included sold-out shows at John Peel's Meltdown 98. Tickets £10 (£8 concs). Call 01603 660352 (CW)
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab