Photo gallery: Thousands attend Norwich body art festival
A colourful celebration of body art was held in Norwich over the weekend.
Norwich body art festival, which is in its fourth year, was held at St Andrew's Hall on Saturday and Sunday.
More than 80 artists from all over the world gathered in the city along attracting around 2,000 visitors.
Artist Paul Roe, who used to live on Brunswick Road, off Newmarket Road, but moved to Washington DC 22 years ago to be with his wife, Gina Santucci, was fully booked with people wanting bespoke tattoos all weekend.
He said: 'I am very happy to be home and this is a fantastic event.
You may also want to watch:
'St Andrew's Hall is an amazing venue - there's nothing like this in America. I used to go to the hall when I was a child.'
Mr Roe studied fashion at Great Yarmouth college and has been a tattoo artist for 15 years.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Younger visitors were 'inked' with their own temporary tattoos and there was also live music and a number of stalls.
Emma Garwood, who co-organised the festival, said: 'Norwich is a very diverse city. The nearest tattoo convention is Colchester.
'It's a body art festival so it includes things like Henna and alternative clothing so it appeals to people even if they do not have tattoos.'
*Log on to www.eveningnews24.co.uk to see a photo gallery from the event.
*Are you holding a unique event? Contact reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772439